Please note that every challenge in this blog can be entered with any form of art work, not just cards. Themes may have to be slighly altered, but as long as they represent the general idea, feel free to enter.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Throwback Thursday

Is it any wonder that so many movies are remakes of those we watched when we were kids? Some of our strongest memories are of childhood. Cartoons, dolls, snacks and toys like the one this cute little one year old holds in her hands in the photo below. My sister used to have one, too!
Meet Gemiel Matthews, a member of Your Scrapbook Place Yahoo group and our Throwback Thursday featured crafter today. She's a little older nowadays and loves to craft:
"I’m Gemiel Matthews.  I live in Yorktown, VA with my husband Tim and teenage son Tim Jr., who we call TJ.  I started scrapbooking in 1997, shortly after TJ was born.  My plans were just to scrapbook his first year, but after completing my first layout, I was hooked and have been an avid scrapbooker ever since.  Besides taking care of my family and scrapbooking I work outside the home as the Director of Religious Education at my church.  I also volunteer in various other ministries at church, and am the PTSA Vice President at my son’s high school.
I have served on design teams for scrapbook manufacturers, magazines and scrapbook stores in the past, but several years ago I decided to take a break from “professional” scrapbooking.  After my break, I started a scrapbooking blog, Gemiel’s Gems, and was invited to join a couple of design teams.   Currently my blog is on hiatus but I hope to be back to blogging again in July. 

Scrapbooking is such a relaxing hobby for me.  I find inspiration everywhere, but my main inspiration comes from the photos. The memories that the photos evoke are my inspiration to create.   I love trying new products and techniques, and “scrapping my stash” for forgotten treasures.  I am so blessed and appreciative that my family loves what I do and supports my passion for scrapbooking wholeheartedly."
That layout is awesome, Gemiel! Thanks for sharing with us! 
Since the new challenge is Anything Goes, maybe Gemiel will link up one of her layout pages. You can too, whether you like to make cards, paint, crochet, or scrapbook. Just click HERE to link your project!!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just leave a little love and consider being a follower; better yet join us!