Please note that every challenge in this blog can be entered with any form of art work, not just cards. Themes may have to be slighly altered, but as long as they represent the general idea, feel free to enter.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Carolyn's Fresh Breath of Spring

What a breath of Fresh air to join in this Challenge! What does Spring mean to you...Flowers Blooming? Children Playing? Gardening? Easter? Spring Break? St Patricks Day? just playing outside? Well at Squiggle Fly they wanted us to show them some bright and beautiful springtime cheer items and I'm sharing mine with you using a Cheryl Alger digi and a great sketch from Mojo Monday Sketches http://mojomonday.com/Sketches/Mojo229Sketch.gif  The key with this card is layers, layers, layers.

This large card starts with green cardstock, has 5 panels of spring striped/flowered paper under a pink/green plaid paper from DAISYD's offset onto pink cardstock.  I tied a soft pink satin ribbon on the end of that then elevated an embossed and glittered swirly flower cardstock from DAISYD's on top of the plaid. Then the icing on on the top is the elevated digi colored with copics and baby pearls to look like raindrops.  The inside is finished with the striped paper and a large label die cut for personal sentiments.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Squiggle Fly Challenge #8--Spring with ribbon

I hope you will still remember that there is a Leap Day Blog Hop at Scrapbook Place with the hosts SBP giving blog candy away as well as some of the ladies participating-just click the link above and join in the fun!  Be sure to leave some love!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Carolyn! I love your bows. Any secrets on making them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're hilarious--I say "saying a few choice words" is the trick. I saw a video somewhere-maybe on splitcoast-showing making the perfect bow between 2 "pegs" and it was all in the way they looped and brought around the tail. I keep thinking I'm going to get out the hammer and nails and get me that 2 peg idea! When they got it done, it was just like the ones in store packages. Really, Thanks for the compliment but I just kept messing with it until I got it right.

      Delete
  2. wow fabulous and beautiful card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete

Just leave a little love and consider being a follower; better yet join us!