Please note that every challenge in this blog can be entered with any form of art work, not just cards. Themes may have to be slighly altered, but as long as they represent the general idea, feel free to enter.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Welcome to the 25 Days of Crafting Christmas

Although December is a busy time for all of us, sometimes the countdown to the
holidays can stress us to the point of a crafting slump. In order to spark your
creativity and inspire you to create amazing Christmas handmade gifts, we offer
you the "25 Days of Crafting Christmas".
Be inspired by the projects shone here for the next month, be it cards, gifts or home decor.
To start everyone off, the Twelve Days of Christmas song has been revamped with an eye toward crafting, so choose a project or a day, or just stop by to see all the pretties that are created! 
Here's the first few lines to our new song (Okay, ladies, you know the tune, sing it with me):

On the FIRST day of Christmas, my crafter made for me,
ONE very pretty ORNAMENT to HANG…
And here is my ornament to share with you.  I saw a tutorial for this on another blog and it inspired me to make my own version.  The materials you will need are basic to all homes: TOILET PAPER ROLLS!!
I used an image from the Crafter's Companion called Christmas Tree.  I love how the fairy is looking down on all the Christmas love gathered together under one roof.  I have the whole family over for Christmas dinner every year, gathering around a table laden with holiday goodies.  I plan on making a couple of these ornaments to hang from the suspended ceiling tiles, all around the room.
I saw a tutorial HERE and couldn’t wait to try it with my Christmas Fairy.  First I folded four rolls in half, and then I stapled them to form a circle, and added a little white paint, inside and out.  After applying a second coat, and while the paint was still wet, I sprinkled Stampin Up’s Dazzling Diamonds glitter onto the ornament (you can’t see the glittery effect in the photo, but it presents well in person).
Meanwhile, I colored my fairy with Copics, adding a little Stickles and Liquid Glass for some added shine.  By then the ornament was dry and I could add jewels to each rounded end, as well as a couple diecut snowflakes.  I added my CC image to the front, and tied a piece of lace to the top from which to hang my ornament.

AND here's another handmade ornament from our own Pammie L!  I love the deep colors she used.  Looks like she kept her die cutter busy making the each shape several times in order to adhere them into 3D spheres before attaching them together onto a string.  A holiday jingle bell on the bottom and a pretty bow at the top complete this gorgeous ornament!







Finally, we have another ornament made by one of our fearless leaders, Linda. 
She says:
"It's made with the Spellbinders Snowflake 4 piece nestie.  I made 3 large snowflakes, bent them in the middle using my ScorBuddy from Crafter's Companion and hot glued them from there.  Also used the other stars and ornament that come out of the shapes on the ScorBuddy.  Lots of ways to use it.  I hung my ornament on a cupboard door - couldn't see it against the tree!

Happy crafting, everyone!!  Check us out tomorrow!






2 comments:

  1. Ladies - your ornaments are just beautiful! I'm working on mine, I promise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ornaments, ladies! - Mel

    ReplyDelete

Just leave a little love and consider being a follower; better yet join us!