Please note that every challenge in this blog can be entered with any form of art work, not just cards. Themes may have to be slighly altered, but as long as they represent the general idea, feel free to enter.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 22 - A Little Poetic Justice

I just thought, with everyone busy finishing their presents, decorations, cookies, etc., a little break was in order, so read and chuckle and identify with this Christmas Crafting poem:




Linda's Card

'Twas The Week Before Christmas

'Twas the week before Christmas
and the house was a hush.
Save the stamping of rubber
in a last minute rush.

The cardstock was cut
with precision and care,
In hopes that a greeting
would soon be stamped there.

The children were tucked in
their beds around eight,
but now it's 10:30--
How'd it get so late?

And I in my PJs
with bleary red eyes,
had finally arranged
all the stamping supplies.

It started out simple
(it does every year)
just make a few cards
for friends who are dear.

Nothing too fancy--
just an elegant touch
A gold embossed image,
some ribbon and such.

I pressed ink to paper
(it looked crisp and clean)
a sprinkle of powder,
then heat for a sheen.

When what on my green Christmas
cards should appear?
Why a tiny gold Santa,
with sleigh and reindeer!

But with little stray flecks,
and some missing spots, too,
I knew in a moment
this one wouldn't do.

On Santa's Lap


Then I tried it again,
once more, and another.
"I will get this right!"
I said to no other.

On pigment! On powder!
On heat from a gun!
Now ribbon! And envie!
Can I make fifty-one?

"I can do it!" I said
with all of my might.
And looked at the clock--
'twas well past midnight.

I went straight to stamping
out card after card.
"This might take all night,
but at least it's not hard."

But after I finished,
they looked a bit lame.
I didn't want fancy,
but these were too plain.

And then in a twinkling
a thought came to mind.
"I'll just dress them up
and then they'll be fine."

Anna's Card



So I went in my craftroom
and looked all around.
Then back to the table
with all that I'd found.

My Fiskars I brandished
(I wasn't a quitter).
And soon I was covered
in EP and glitter.

A bundle of papers
I spread on the table
to find the right background
(quite sure I was able).

With fibers that sparkled,
a mulberry sheet
was just the right choice,
my card to complete.

I started to smile
when the cuckoo came out.
"It's now 3am!"
That bird left no doubt.

The cap of a marker
I held in my teeth.
I'd lay in some color,
or maybe gold leaf.
My broad little face
was all beaded with sweat.
But I wouldn't give up!
Well, not at least yet.

There was glue on the table
and ink on the floor.
I laughed at the site,
though my fingers were sore.

I did not complain,
just kept up my work.
When more things went wrong,
I did not go berserk.

When I finally finished,
one card, around six,
it looked pretty good
after all of my tricks.

"I'm keeping this one.
My work on it shows."
So clutching my card,
up the staircase I rose.

I crawled into bed
at the first crack of dawn.
Creativity spent,
motivation all gone.

But make no mistake!
I promise one thing--
"You'll all get your cards!
But you'll get them next Spring!"

Author Unknown

1 comment:

Just leave a little love and consider being a follower; better yet join us!