Please note that every challenge in this blog can be entered with any form of art work, not just cards. Themes may have to be slighly altered, but as long as they represent the general idea, feel free to enter.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 5 - Monogrammed Notecard Sets

I work very closely with three others in a small Catholic school.  That's not counting the teachers, principal, and the Parish staff in the other office.  No, just the Religious Ed Office (formerly known as CCD) and the Youth Group Office.  We're kind of like Little Switzerland, not a true part of the teaching staff, not a close relationship with the Parish staff, just in-between.  So we have had a gift exchange between just the four of us for the last few years, over a lunch of our fave appetizers (artichoke dip and chips, chili cheese dip, crab butter and crackers, etc.)

G is for Gregg
 This year I thought they could all use a set of Monogrammed Notecards.  It's really easy to make, as all you need are:
cardstock for the card bases,
patterned papers for the card face (I matched the papers to the personalities),
alpha letters (I used Baroque Alphabet stamp set by CTMH),
and some ink (I used Copics). 

The cards are clean and simple (CAS), and look great.  However, I realized that the packaging was just as important as the gifts, so I had to come up with some creative containers.  I made an extra monogram for each set, so I could then place each on the package, which leads to minimal embellishing (phew!)

Gifts for the workplace

I made a set of ten cards for each person, and the Christmas card to go with each checks them off of my Crafting To-Do list for the season! 

Besides a few more paper crafts, I have some machine sewing to do, and I haven't brought out the Singer for almost a year, so cross your fingers that my next project will go smoothly!!

2 comments:

  1. Just absolutely gorgeous Pat! Great idea and I love the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I am going to scraplift this idea for some gifts! Easy peasy! Mel

    ReplyDelete

Just leave a little love and consider being a follower; better yet join us!