Please note that every challenge in this blog can be entered with any form of art work, not just cards. Themes may have to be slighly altered, but as long as they represent the general idea, feel free to enter.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Crafting Christmas Day 15 - Monogrammed Note Cards Part 2

I took Pat's idea for her co-workers for monogrammed note cards and made my own.  Can I tell you, it was fun, it got rid of some paper that was sitting in my drawer AND I made at least four gifts, with cards to spare. 

But wait, it gets better!  Each card was just 29 cents to make (just in materials, not labor).  Great personal, handmade gifts for an economical price!

How, you ask? Well, I used a 4.5"x6.5" DCWV matstack - Linen closet.  That was originally $8.99 but it was purchased for 50%.  Then I used white cardstock as my base from Paper Studio (50 sheet pack) for $2.99 but purchased for 50%.  I used Champagne Pearlustre Embossing powder from Stampendous that cost $4.19.  I estimated that I used 1/4 of the bottle (probably used less but just guessing).  I used double-sided tape I received in a pif (Thanks Linda) for $3.00 (pif value).  Envelopes were around $7.69 a box for 50 envelopes.  I'm sure I bought them on sale but didn't remember so I will just use that as a base price. 

$5.99 for paper
$1.05 for embossing powder
$3.00 for tape
$11.38 for envelopes
=====
$21.42 / 74 (actual cards made using paper) = $.289 per card

I finished them in about two evenings.  I cut the patterned paper to fit the cards.  Then cut the patterned paper in half.  This way I can mix and match papers and give it an elegant look.  I then took the strips of paper that were cut as "ribbons" across the middle of the cards.  I used the same CTMH stamp set Pat did - Baroque Alphabet; embossed using Versamark and the Champagne Pearlustre Embossing powder.  I then cut out each square using my trimmer.  I tell you, I'm getting that 40% off coupon at HL and will be heading out there to get a 1.5" square punch to save me time next go round!   

That's it.  Cards are done!

I stamped the envelopes with Desert Sand CTMH Exclusive Inks using the same Baroque Alphabet.  The first set I stamped at the top left corner.  Second set, I stamped it on the back flap.  Third set, I stamped it on the lower left side.  I liked that one the best!

Wrap it in some white tissue paper, tie a glitzy bow around it, make a tag and you're done!

Thanks Pat for sharing your idea! 

Have a great Christmas and a crafty New Year!
Mel


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just leave a little love and consider being a follower; better yet join us!